Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why should education be a state controlled issue?
I have been surprised about how strong the feelings are in this area. Personally I see education as the biggest single issue in advancing the standard of living of the middle class in the United States. Years ago uneducated people could get high paying jobs, but that has all changed. We are going to have to have better education if we want to maintain a middle class in our country. So basically education is a major national issue.

We have let the states have a lot of control over education for many years and they have failed. U.S. businesses need to know exactly what a high school education means when they are looking to hire someone. They should not have to go look at what state the person came from and find out what areas of knowledge and level of competency is required to get that diploma. It should be the same in every state.

The only real complaint I have ever seen about the federal government controlling education is the basic "Federal Government BAD. Sate government GOOD" but I have never seen any real argument to back this up when it come to education.

Messages In This Thread
Why should education be a state controlled issue? - fredtoast - 08-05-2016, 10:22 AM