Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Finally getting some legitimate analysis of Kirkpatrick's play in '15
(08-05-2016, 05:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It is a perfect comparison.

Justin Smith was a great player for the Bengals,but there was a certain portion of the fan base who did not like him and made up false claims to doscredit his good play.  One thing they used to say was that Justin just got a lot of tackles because he chased players down the field and jumped on the pile.  That was not true.  Justin was one of the best DEs in the league against the that is why he had so many tackles.  Now people are doing the exact same thing with Dre.  Dre does not get most of his tackles because he gets beat all the time and chases down the guys who beat him.  That just is not true.

I agree that Justin Smith was a fine run stopper and that not all of his tackles were made from chasing down players
and jumping on a pile. Hell that doesn't count for more than half a tackle anyway. But these are two completely different
players you are talking about here playing two completely different positions.

I think it is a bad comparison.

I watched Dre get beat lots last year and tackle players from behind. Also, i will say that he is very good at not letting
them in the endzone cause he is fast. I just gave him some more props, you happy Fred?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Finally getting some legitimate analysis of Kirkpatrick's play in '15 - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-05-2016, 05:17 PM