Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Finally getting some legitimate analysis of Kirkpatrick's play in '15
(08-05-2016, 05:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I agree that Justin Smith was a fine run stopper and that not all of his tackles were made from chasing down players
and jumping on a pile. Hell that doesn't count for more than half a tackle anyway. But these are two completely different
players you are talking about here playing two completely different positions.

I think it is a bad comparison.

I watched Dre get beat lots last year and tackle players from behind. Also, i will say that he is very good at not letting
them in the endzone cause he is fast. I just gave him some more props, you happy Fred?

It's a fair comparison when you take into consideration that he had a bum shoulder most of the year.  I think Fred's comparison is about the way we perceive/ misperceive players.  Then we bandwagon on the perceptions and determine that the misperception is true just because everyone says it's true.   I definitely believe that happened to Justin Smith.  I'm with Fred on that.  The jury is still out on Dre though.  His shoulder is healed. 

Hopefully that was the cause of some of his problems last year, though my pretty limited perception was that Dre's major problems were bad tackling with a few cases of his just having a bad day.  But shoot, I've seen Sherman, Peterson and Revis all have bad days.  Not many of them, but they have them.

I'm really looking forward to getting a sniff of things to come against Minnesota.  There will be a lot to watch in that game and Dre will be one of them.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Finally getting some legitimate analysis of Kirkpatrick's play in '15 - 3wt - 08-05-2016, 06:20 PM