Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Hillary: An Unborn Child Hours Before Delivery Has No Constitutional Rights
(08-05-2016, 09:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You really think that will have an impact on the number of abortions? You think folks are having abortions because they can't get a rubber? 

Excellent over-simplification with that strawman.

(08-05-2016, 09:44 PM)Benton Wrote: That's always been my hangup, but the older I get, the less I can go along with it, especially given the availability and affordability of birth control. 

Plus it's not like this country cares too much about individual rights any more. You can put someone in jail for life for doing drugs, you can indefinitely detain a person if you say he might be a terrorist, you can get away with shooting someone if you say you felt threatened. You can force people to get vaccinations (although I think that's a good one) and to go to school (also a good thing).  

The affordability of contraceptives is better than it once was, but accessibility can still be improved. This has to be coupled with other things, though, as well. Oral contraceptives have a great efficacy rate when used as prescribed. Most failures happen because someone didn't follow the instructions. Education on this sort of thing can, hopefully, improve that. These things reduce unwanted pregnancies, which would reduce abortions.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hillary: An Unborn Child Hours Before Delivery Has No Constitutional Rights - Belsnickel - 08-05-2016, 10:05 PM