Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Confidence Now vs. This Time Last Year
I have reasons why I feel more optimistic AND more pessimistic than last year. Overall, I guess it all balances out and I feel more or less the same about our chances.

Negatives:

- Hue is gone
- Nelson is gone (easily our biggest loss, IMO)
- Tez suspended 3 games
- Working in new WRs
- Eifert will likely miss at least a few games

Positives:

- The Steelers have issues as well (No Bryant or Heath, Bell suspended/injury prone, weak D, etc)
- The Ravens have a very weak looking roster
- The Browns are the Browns
- The Broncos are quarterbacked by Butt Fumble
- The Pats are without Brady for 4 games
- There (should be) no doubts about Andy's status as a franchise QB at this point

----------------

Just looking at the AFC, it looks like the Bengals are the most talented and stable team, while the other power teams look more and more vulnerable. So why not now? Even though I remain pessimistic about our playoff odds with Marv at the helm, I have to admit the team actually came to play for once this January. I'm not sure if they really turned a corner or if they just benefited from knowing the Steelers so well. Still, they did find a way to lose the game.

Honestly, I don't know what to feel about this team anymore. I guess it's another year of "wait and see".
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Confidence Now vs. This Time Last Year - Shake n Blake - 08-05-2016, 11:07 PM