Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why should education be a state controlled issue?
(08-05-2016, 04:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Admitted ignorance in Education funding, but I'm pretty sure a portion of my taxes go there.

I would say the problem with National programs would be curriculum.

For instance: How much money should be allocated the Future Farmers of America club for a school in NYC compared to one in Hastings Nebraska.

Good point. 
Here's one way to address it and it might help with the parents involvement as well.

Kids go to school for 8 1/2 hours.
1/2 hour for lunch.

The 3 core classes are 1 hour long (math, science and English). 

Then the 4th class is reserved for some things that kids need to be taught at an appropriate age. Like how to use a computer in the early years to use the office products, later basic cooking, auto care (oil change, spark plugs), how to balance a check book, history etc.

The 5th class the students choose an elective that lasts 1 semester (so 2 for the year). Would be things like a 2nd language, or agriculture. These would be open to multiple grade levels and could be progressive as well.

The 6th class is straight up study hall and gives the students time to do homework and someone to help them. Athletes would go to practice and they are still responsible for their grades, fall behind and you end up in study hall until caught up.

The whole goal is to keep the work load at a level that can be completed in school. Reduce the parents part from the equation as much as possible.

Of course it wouldn't be perfect, i would need input from teachers as to what is grade level appropriate, but its an outline that could start moving it into a positive direction. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why should education be a state controlled issue? - Mike M (the other one) - 08-06-2016, 12:05 AM