Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Governor Ordered to Serve as a Public Defender
(08-06-2016, 12:05 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It's not that way everywhere in the US, Harley.  The County I come from in Ohio, all of the Professional attorneys "take turns" at being Public Defender, while still maintaining their public practice.  Defendants get the full service of an attorney that is well known and practiced in that particular court.  Sort of unique, but it works.  None of the attorneys gets "stuck" with all of the shit forever, and they don't lose any money from their paying clients.

A few years ago my daughter had to go to court in Indiana. Of course I was there for support. This friggin attorney come in to represent this young couple who looked like they could use a break, with a suit which was at least 2 sizes to small and wearing sneakers because he claimed he forgot his suit and had a "suit in a bag" in case of emergencies. The other PD was so old I really felt he was suffering from Alzheimer's, and another spoke to their client cluelessly. I even heard another admit he didn't have time to thoroughly review their case and to explain details. I witnessed all this sitting in the hallway. It was a joke and I so badly wished I would have had chosen a different career to help these people. 

It's refreshing to hear not all are incompetent. However, I will challenge the fact they give a damn. Think about it. Why would many want to sink many hours into a case for a client who won't be able to be a repeat customer, or a case your going to be paid for anyway if you do well or not?  The worst thing about PD's is that their human. Although, it's unrealistic to say all don't care. There's got to be some that are extraordinary people who give a damn about people over money. However, if God gives me the means to hire the best attorney possible, I will use it for that purpose because my faith in PD's sucks.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Governor Ordered to Serve as a Public Defender - HarleyDog - 08-06-2016, 12:36 AM