Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Hillary: An Unborn Child Hours Before Delivery Has No Constitutional Rights
The unborn are considered non-entities under US law and the law in many countries. It's not saying that the unborn don't exist, but if you decide they do have the same rights it becomes a very slippery slope. As it stands now and has for quite some time up until the moment of birth a human fetus doesn't exist as a functioning citizen of the world and it's like this to protect the parents and society at large.
Consider cases where fetuses die before birth because..oh, let's throw in some variables for example Say the mother is allergic to peanuts, but eats something with peanuts in it which causes miscarriage. If the fetus has full constitutional rights as many would think they should the mother could be charged with murder
There have been several cases of mothers being charged with murder after a miscarriage even when the mother did nothing wrong under the law. I'm using the peanut scenario as one ridiculous example, but these types of things do pop up in the courts from time to time.
Abortion is another example. Abortion, like it or not it legal in the United States, but if you assign rights to the unborn it's murder under any circumstances including instances where the mother's life is in grave risk of death. What you're then saying is the mother has no rights to life when giving birth will very likely kill her.
Now you can take the emotional side of everything and make all laws based on silly emotions, but it becomes a tangled mess.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hillary: An Unborn Child Hours Before Delivery Has No Constitutional Rights - grampahol - 08-06-2016, 07:12 PM