Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Legalize Marijuana...Medicinal uses for NFL?
(08-07-2016, 11:21 PM)Whatever Wrote: Ok, so did LeVeon Bell and Legarrett Blount both experience pain while out driving at 3 am forcing them to light up a joint?  That's my point.  People will say it's for pain, but it's really for recreational use in the vast majority of cases.

Another part of the issue is that marijuana itself is addictive and has side effects, just like the prescription pain killers they are trying to avoid.  If they are not comfortable with the risk of addiction to pain killers, which is minimal when the drugs are used as prescribed, they can retire.  It's not like they were permitted to use marijuana when they played in high school or college, either.  Football is violent game, and the players know the potential costs to their bodies. 

From a league perspective, unless medical marijuana is made legal nationwide, they can't make it legal for the players even if they wanted to.  It would be too much of an advantage for teams located in states where it is legal when it comes to free agency.  "Oh, by the way, if you sign with us, the team doctor will write you as many prescriptions for medical marijuana as you want."  If you stop testing for it in states where it's illegal, then the league looks like it's endorsing illegal activity.  

Point well taken. 

I agree with this perspective. 

Doctor-prescribed pain killers and medicinal marijuana have to have some differences, or people like former players like Monroe wouldn't be throwing all this money toward the cause...right? 

I'm not a former athlete on a high level like them by any means, but just being 10 years older in age and a bad knee, and a residual broken neck issues I just tend to deal with the pain with other sources than marijuana or painkillers. I do the physical therapy, along with the heat and cool pack if needed. Gotta keep moving. It might be different in additional 10 years, but I won't know til' then. 

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Legalize Marijuana...Medicinal uses for NFL? - CINwillWIN - 08-07-2016, 11:43 PM