Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Finally getting some legitimate analysis of Kirkpatrick's play in '15
(08-09-2016, 10:41 AM)fredtoast Wrote: And I have posted proof that those stats are not really indicative of who is the best CB.  It is like criticizing a QB for being last in rushing tds.  Some stats are not accurate measure of who is the best.

When 5 of the top 8 CBs in penalties are either Pro Bowl or All Pro it shows that is a pretty meaningless way to judge a CB.

When the consensus best CB in the league is 22nd in interceptions it also shows that is not the best way to judge a CB.

I agree that Dre is weak in run support.  But I generally rate CBs bu coverage ability.  Run support is important, but most coaches would take good coverage skills over good run support any day of the week.

You've show no such thing, You've tried to show a faulty correlation that goes something like this:

Dre is the worst in the NFL in INTs, some of the best CBs in the NFL have low INT #s (let's not take into account have often they are targeted compared to Dre); therefore, Dre is one of the best CBs in the NFL.

Here's a quick excerpt from PFF (faulty) grading system:
Quote:PRO COACH NETWORK

Pro Football Focus has partnered with the Pro Coach Network to ensure that we are delivering the most accurate and reliable statistics to our users. Pro Coach Network consists of 28 former and current pro and college coaches with more than 750 years of combined coaching experience.

Here's who PFF have evaluating DBs alone:

Bill Bradley:
8 years in the NFL 3xPro Bowl 2x 1st team All Pro as DB
Eagles franchise record INTs season/career (This means he's not very good)
DB coach and/or Defensive Coordinator at every level of football
Since entering College at Texas as a HS All-American and State champ he has over 41 years of experience

Peter Giunta:
Coach with 26 years experience at every level including DC of a Super Bowl Champ

Johnny Lynn:
7 years as DB in the NFL
27 years experience as a DB coach at DC at the NFL level.

I have this on one hand says Dre is among the worst starting CBs in the NFL on the other hand I have Fre Toast saying he is among the better starting CBs in the NFL.

Which should I put more stock in?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Finally getting some legitimate analysis of Kirkpatrick's play in '15 - bfine32 - 08-09-2016, 11:15 AM