Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Margus Hunt on improving/working with Greene
August 9th, 2016 by James Rapien

This is the most important training camp of Margus Hunt's career. The former second round pick knows that if he doesn't prove himself now, he might not get another chance.

Hunt worked with Kevin Greene this offseason. Greene, who was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame last weekend, was at Bengals practice yesterday.

Hunt has the physical tools to succeed in this league. He is listed at 6'8" and 277 pounds. The former Southern Methodist University star says his biggest takeaway from working with Greene is how important the physical part of the game is.

“He really focused on the physical aspect of the game and making sure you’re coming out as the aggressor and setting the tone from the get-go," Hunt said in the Bengals' locker room today. "If you look back, it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out what he did to get 160 sacks. He just figured it out. He told me the reason he was around so long was because he figured out how to rush."

Hunt has 12 tackles in three seasons. Last year, he had two tackles and zero sacks. Working with Greene, who had 10 seasons with double-digit sacks can only help the Bengals defensive end. Hunt knows he has to improve and seems confident in himself heading into the season.
“That’s the biggest thing I need to improve on is consistency,” he said. “I’ve been going against these guys for four years now so I gotta get out of my comfort zone and play against other people.”

Hunt talked in depth about this season, working with Green and going up against the Minnesota Vikings this week. You can listen to that interview below.

Read more: http://espn1530.iheart.com/articles/bengals-184762/margus-hunt-on-improving-and-working-14991369/#ixzz4GrByrWeG
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Margus Hunt on improving/working with Greene - Bengalholic - 08-09-2016, 02:28 PM