Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Margus Hunt on improving/working with Greene
(08-09-2016, 04:49 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I just saw this video where Lapham talks about Hunt's improvements and it's more than just "oh, now he's getting pressure" because he talks about Hunt has all the physical tools and just needs to finish, which he points out how Greene used too use tackles' size and movements against them.

Let's hope he can stay healthy and at least provide some pass rush and maybe cause a little disruption!

I know people are tired of fluff and want (regular season) results, but I really like that Marvin has called on Kevin Greene to help with the inexperienced Hunt.  It sounds like Hunt completely understands what Greene is wanting him to do, and even comments about the simplicity of the strategy.  Good.  We don't want his mind racing while he is trying to get pressure.  Single-focused, use your strengths, and get after the QB.

I was also pleased to hear that his assignments when rotating in at DT have been similarly simplified.  I know is sounds overly optimistic, but Hunt's ability to stay focused on a few key assignments and avoid trying to do too many things in any one play will increase the likelihood of his success.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Margus Hunt on improving/working with Greene - SHRacerX - 08-10-2016, 08:32 AM