Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Margus Hunt on improving/working with Greene
(08-09-2016, 10:25 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Hum? Moves like a project. Smells like a project. Progresses like a project. Produces like a project.

I do believe that makes him a "project".

And, thus far, a very slow moving and expensive project.

In college he could bull rush weaker opponents. In the NFL, well... OL men generally eat bull rushes for breakfast. His selection in the 2nd round was a front office mistake, and the coaches compounded it by taking three years to recognize what kind of help the guy needed. Even if Hunt has a half decent year this year, he'll still be a bust for a 2nd round pick.

Go on youtube and watch some of his college tape.  He did not rely simply on a bullrush.  He has been injured at each point where he finally had an opportunity.  This is his year...if he can stay healthy.  I understand the desire for greater impact from a second rounder, but if he gets 7-9 sacks this year rotating at RDE and knocks down a few balls while playing DT (maybe tipping one for an INT), he will show the potential that they hoped for three years ago. 

Remember the Bengals don't hit on 100% of their picks.  No one does.  I won't kill the Bengals for taking a guy with his college tape, and the dreaded "upside".  Competition improves the breed, and MJ suddenly was a lot better at run defense,  put on about 20 lbs of muscle, and didn't want to come off the field.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Margus Hunt on improving/working with Greene - SHRacerX - 08-10-2016, 08:45 AM