Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
thoughts on HRCs free college tuition/loan plan
(08-10-2016, 01:23 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Nearly anyone who can get into college can get a loan to pay for it. I do not think people are prepared enough for college. I think some people go to college when they should not. I think there should be funding for vocational education for those who are capable of holding skilled jobs and do not want to be ripped off by for profit vocational centers. I think having the government pay for college doesn't address why college costs so much.

Funding community college is one thing. If you can succeed there, you can get a lot financial assistance for a 4 year college. I think giving assistance to those who get specific degrees and maintain certain grades is a better idea.

I'm also a fan of revamping education overall. Not everyone needs an academic degree. They are needed byt some, but most people would to better with a professional degree or a trade school or something. The mentality that everyone needs to go to college is something we need to rid ourselves of and that has to start much earlier.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: thoughts on HRCs free college tuition/loan plan - Belsnickel - 08-10-2016, 02:04 PM