Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
thoughts on HRCs free college tuition/loan plan
(08-10-2016, 02:04 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I'm also a fan of revamping education overall. Not everyone needs an academic degree. They are needed byt some, but most people would to better with a professional degree or a trade school or something. The mentality that everyone needs to go to college is something we need to rid ourselves of and that has to start much earlier.

(08-10-2016, 02:36 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: We have a special high school that you can go to during your junior and senior years. You go there for half the day and take part in special programs that lead to occupational certification when you graduate for some of them. Autotech, engineering, health, biotech, management, hospitality, construction, and various others. It's a good program for my guys (kids with specific learning disabilities, ADHD, high functioning autism) who don't want to go to college but have a lot to offer. 

Completely agree.  College is a huge money racket IMO.  Necessary for some fields, not so much for others.  My mom taught at a  vocational school for 40yrs here in the Cincy area (Great Oaks).  When she started back in the mid-late 70's it was "secretarial" skills and now I think they call it "office professional".  Not everyone needs to go to college.

Messages In This Thread
RE: thoughts on HRCs free college tuition/loan plan - RICHMONDBENGAL_07 - 08-10-2016, 02:50 PM