Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Virginia school board takes transgender bathroom case to Supreme Court
(08-11-2016, 12:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: There's now one is Texas.
https://www.yahoo.com/gma/mother-5-old-transgender-girl-fights-texas-school-213051833--abc-news-topstories.html

Two things:

5 years old, for real?
What part of reasonable accommodation is too hard to understand?

The trans people I know, and most of what I have read, felt they were in the wrong body at a young age, so it's not hard to believe a 5 year old boy would feel like he is a girl. At that age, they understand what is a "boy" and what is a "girl" in terms of play/dress and other cultural roles. Their understanding may be less based on "parts" and more based on how one acts. 

Whether or not that is good for them... I don't know. It's the parent's choice whether they allow it or refuse it. As long as there's no abuse, they have sovereignty in raising their kids.

With regards to the bathroom, when I was in kindergarten, we were only allowed to use the single bathroom in the room. This is most likely a fight she is preparing for next year. Given the cost of fighting this and the fact that a case is currently at SCOTUS, it seems foolish to waste the money now.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Virginia school board takes transgender bathroom case to Supreme Court - BmorePat87 - 08-11-2016, 12:23 PM