Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Virginia school board takes transgender bathroom case to Supreme Court
(08-11-2016, 05:32 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: The difference in these situations is that the stay on what the lower court said was because the court said the school had to comply to be within the law. In the case of the DoJ/DoE application/interpretation of Title IX it is not forcing schools to comply, it is saying to be eligible for federal funding from the DoE budget they have to follow those guidelines. It is, in essence, forcing the schools because taking away federal funding could be devastating. But because they could still not comply and be following the law it is not technically forcing them into anything.

SCOTUS told the lower court that they could not force the school to let kids use whichever bathroom they wanted until SCOTUS got more information and then determined if they would rule on it. I guess we will see what happens when the DOJ holds federal funds from schools before a ruling.

Some may be happy with the Executive Branch interpreting laws and holding public schools hostage; I am not. IMO the highest court in the Nation said we are not ready to make this call because we need more information; yet the Executive Branch is.     

If we remove all the smoke and (aka not exactly the same) The Executive Branch in going to impose a punishment on schools for something the SCOTUS said could not be done yet. It appears DOE has used the ruling by the Court of Appeals are grounds to impose their will. Now that case has been stayed; it only makes sense to me that the DOE mandate be stayed.   
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Virginia school board takes transgender bathroom case to Supreme Court - bfine32 - 08-11-2016, 06:00 PM