Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why should education be a state controlled issue?
(08-12-2016, 11:55 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote:  The Kasich mentality that teachers just sit around complaining about things instead of doing is asinine and insulting to a whole profession. 

I never said anything like that.

All I said was that the way our education system worked for years was failing and something had to be done to hold teachers and/or school administrators accountable.

Here in Tennessee when they put a program in place to evaluate teachers based on classroom observations the teachers complained about that also.  It sure seems like teachers complain about every attempt to hold them accountable.

I agree that just memorizing facts does not help a  student, but these standardized tests also include reading comprehension.  And I don't care if a student can tell me what year WWII started, but I would hope they would be able to answer a multiple choice question about the issues that led to the conflict.  I am pretty sure those types of questions are included in these tests.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why should education be a state controlled issue? - fredtoast - 08-12-2016, 12:37 PM