Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why should education be a state controlled issue?
(08-12-2016, 01:17 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: You're focusing solely on teachers (with the one reference to administrators too) as the cause for "failing". What about policy makers, students, or parents? 

this is completely false.  I have never focused on the teachers and in fact I have asked what we can do to address the problem of poor parenting.  Standarized tests are not used just to judge teachers.  they are also used to compare different schools systems.

By your knee-jerk reaction is a pertfect example of the problem with many teachers today.  They don't care about looking for answers.  all they care about is protecting themselves from any possible judgement.

(08-12-2016, 01:17 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: How will the federal government stop schools from failing? I asked in my first response what kind of federal control you were suggesting. I still want to know. 

1.  The federal government will have the benefit of looking at what successful states are doing and implementing those practices in the lower performing states.  Right now the states that are failing have no idea what they are doing wrong because all they know is what they are doing.

2.  Equalize funding.  The poorer states generally underperform compared to the more wealthy states, and even within states the better funded schools are generally more successful than the poorer schools.  Money alone does not solve all problems, but the fact is that better funded schools generally do better than poor schools. 

3.  Dilute the influence of local politics.  Too many education issues become political issues on the local level.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why should education be a state controlled issue? - fredtoast - 08-12-2016, 03:34 PM