Poll: Who Would You Rather Have as HC, Marv or Zim?
Marvin Lewis
Mike Zimmer
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Who Ya Got: Marvin Lewis or Mike Zimmer?
(08-12-2016, 04:28 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I'm not sure I understand this answer.  Because you're a Bengals fan you're unable, or refuse, to look at coaches or players outside of the organization objectively?  To even entertain someone outside over someone inside somehow negates your fandom?  Am I understanding this thought process correctly.

Honestly, this is good to know for future discussions.  At least you're honest.  You're going with Marvin Lewis for no reason other than that he's a Bengals employee and Zimmer is not.  Fair enough.

No dude I'm looking directly at your question which was who do I want as my head coach.   Since both are head coaches and neither are switching teams before the season starts if I want zimmer as my head coach this year I have to root for the Vikings.  If I want too root for the bengals well then marvin is still my head coach cause you know he is the head coach.

Now if you asked who would I feel better as being the head coach of the bengals in 2016 I might have answered zimmer..  I have long been behind the idea of promoting zimmer to head coach here when he was DC.  But every year after daltons draft has gotten a little better a little closer to making that step beyond the 1st round exits.  I cant fairly blame those loses on marvin who was on the field for zero snaps in all those playoff loses.    I don't know if marvin is handcuffing the playcalling or letting his coordinators handle that.. what I do know is the bengals as a whole all 53 and the whole coaching staff and owner ship has lost 4 in a row.

but that boat has sailed for zimmer being our head coach. so while its a fun topic its one that's been kinda beat to death over the last few years.  So I answered your direct question directly.

I hope this clears this up for you.

I still hope zimmer does well ill root for the Vikings this year any time they aren't playing the Bengals which I believe is all year.    I like his style of coaching.   
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who Ya Got: Marvin Lewis or Mike Zimmer? - XenoMorph - 08-12-2016, 05:27 PM