Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Impressions of First Preseason Game
The Good:
Hardison, Clarke and Brown all looked good along the Dline. Hardison, especially, always seemed to be in the backfield. He never did much with it, but it's only a matter of time.

Vigil and Dawson looked fine at LB. Neither made any stand out plays to me, but seemed to be in position most of the game.

Smith and Shaw looked good in the secondary. Smith had a blitz early game that reminded me of Reggie Nelson's blitzes.

Westerman, Fisher and Ogbuehi looked good on the Oline. Westerman especially seemed to be very comfortable in the game and was able to move very well. Ogbuehi didn't disappoint at RT, in my opinion. He had a lot of high impact blocks early in the game. Several led to 3rd down conversions.

Erickson, Boyd, Core and Alford looked good at WR. Both Alford and Erickson showed well as PR. Boyd and Core will be seeing some significant playing time this season, I imagine.

Not much to say on RBs. Carson looked good, but I don't think any RB cracks our top 4 this year regardless.

McCarron and Dalton looked like themselves.

The Bad:
Cut Hunt today. There is nothing we can gain from this man. All he's doing is wasting snaps where we could be seeing guys with actual potential.

Not much to say on LBs. There were some bad missed tackles during the game all around though.

Brown and Hillary looked bad in the secondary. Their guy always seemed to be a free reception whenever the Vikings needed a conversion. In addition Hillary is not good on punt coverage. He had the ball corralled on a short punt but just let it bounce into the end zone anyway...

I didn't notice any standout bad players on the Oline.

Kumerow can beat a 4th string CB but he can't see a ball. Tate looked good enough that he'll probably get a roster spot again if he keeps this play up.

For RBs, again, not much to say. No stand out bad players, but nothing that will take a roster spot from the established RBs.

Wenning is worthless.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: First Impressions of First Preseason Game - CJD - 08-13-2016, 01:00 PM