Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Impressions of First Preseason Game
First off it is time for the Margus Hunt experiment to end. He was horrible last night and acted as if he was not even interested in the game half of the time. He could not even beat their 2nd and 3rd string offensive line. However I was impressed with Will Clarke. I thought he played his heart out and showed why he will be the backup defensive end. Also, Chykie Brown has got to go. I never liked the signing in the first place. He sucked in Baltimore and is even worse here. He has no place on this team period. Next, I hope this is the last year that Mike Nugent is our kicker. He has no leg strength and if this was a regular season game he would have cost the team the game with his missed field goal. l know everyone loves him but I am sorry he is an average kicker now who is only getting older and worse. On the good side of things though, I thought the first team offense and defense looked sharp. So much for Hue Jackson being a huge loss like everyone in the media has said because unless I missed something Ken Zampese called a fantastic game and looked even better than Jackson in his game plan. I think the rookie wide receivers looked really good and Erickson is making a strong point to make the team. Great game by him in limited action. I think Tyler Boyd is going to have a great rookie year and is going to be in contention all year for the rookie of the year. He looked as good as advertised. I also think Cody Core made a strong point that he is going to make a push for this team. I also think that the last spot for wr may come down to Brandon Tate or Mario Alford and if Alford continues returning kicks like he did last night, I think he will have the edge. Also it is great to have a backup like AJ because he looked very solid. Finally, I think Nick Vigil showed why he was drafted in the 3rd round because he is going to be an absolute stud on this defense and I think he is going to eventually over take Rey Maualuga in the middle. I think this team is going to have a great season and I would be shocked if they do not win at least 10-12 games this season. Hopefully everyone heals up soon and it will make the team even better. Who Dey
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: First Impressions of First Preseason Game - bengalsfan73 - 08-13-2016, 01:01 PM