Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin Lewis: Tyler Boyd 'exceeded my expectations'
(08-14-2016, 10:24 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I like Erickson a lot as well.  It makes you wonder if they won't keep an additional WR with one TE (Eifert?) possibly starting the season on the PUP.  More likely, they would put Luc on the roster as a true FB and have Hewitt play TE with Kroft and Uzomah.  

It will be interesting to see who makes the team behind AJ, Boyd, Lafell, and Core.  Tate has to be a favorite due to his return experience, but I would much rather see guys like Erickson and Alford get a shot.  Those two are competing for what is likely the same spot, however, backing up Boyd in the slot.  Maybe Alford will get snaps at "X"?  Whatever happens, it is a good problem to have.  

Man I'd be surprised to see Alford get much time at X, but I suppose it's possible they will just to see exactly what they have. Depending on the severity of his injury (reports of him leaving in a walking boot Friday night), that could, unfortunately for him, seal his fate. 

Honestly, if Tate shows up in the receiving game like he did on Friday, they could, much to a lot of fans chagrin, very well keep Tate AND Erickson. The way I see it, if Erickson continues what he is doing as they move him up the depth chart then it will make for a hard cut. But the same can be said for Tate, if he shows sure hands as a receiver and proves himself to be a contributor like he did Friday, that's a tough cut as well. Like you said, this isn't the worst problem to have.

One thing I think I thought I know right now is that kumerow is on the outside looking in, but that can change in an instant. It's a surprisingly compelling preseason for the bengals and their fans, as compelling as it can be that is.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Marvin Lewis: Tyler Boyd 'exceeded my expectations' - The Real Deal - 08-14-2016, 11:08 AM