Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Impressions of First Preseason Game
(08-14-2016, 04:03 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: We should be giving Westerman snaps at C.

I was willing to be patient with Bodine. I figured he still had room for growth going in to year three. I sure didnt see any improvement. The obvious weak link needs some real competition.

(08-14-2016, 04:55 AM)phil413 Wrote: Agreed.  He was a steal but he's already developed into what looks like a quality backup at all 3 positions at least.  If I had to put money on it I think Zeitler hits the market and gets top guard money and Westerman is his replacement.  Maybe the FO is worried they will mess with his development or Bodine's with a switch, but they're trying to win games.  They should give him looks, and if by the end of the preseason he looks like the better option then you gotta consider it.  Center is still a tricky position, because even if he looks better than Bodine, Andy is already used to him for better or worse.  Hard to build that with Westerman overnight.  
Completely agree, Westerman looked great at Guard.

Need to see some of him at Center in case Bodine just does not improve. Just for insurance purposes for God sake PA.

(08-14-2016, 08:32 AM)djam Wrote: I pretty much agree with everything. I'm excited to see more of Alford for sure. I heard he got a small injury last night or we would've seen more of him. Dude used to blow my mind in college. 

As far as the Simonise kid that a lot of previous posters have mentioned. I need to see way more. His catch came on a play against nobody DB's who ran into each other and left him completely wide open to be hit in stride on a slant. Seriously Erickson or Alford may have taken that one to the house. Too early on him.

Alford reminded me of Tavon Austin at WV no doubt Djam and you are correct on Simonise, need to see more of him.

Still, with that size, speed and ability to go up for the ball he is very intriguing.

(08-14-2016, 12:33 PM)LebanonFan Wrote: Agreed, thought Dawson looked more than capable out there.  Good nose for the ball

On the Ham TD that was on Dawson. Dude didn't fill the gap.

I loved Dawson in college but he has been disappointing to say the least as a Bengal so far.

Flowers looks much better right now IMHO. Better speed, better tackler, much better athleticism and tries to fill the hole.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: First Impressions of First Preseason Game - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-14-2016, 01:38 PM