Poll: Who Would You Rather Have as HC, Marv or Zim?
Marvin Lewis
Mike Zimmer
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Who Ya Got: Marvin Lewis or Mike Zimmer?
(08-15-2016, 12:18 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Well if we are not allowed to look at any history or the track record  of either then there is no way you can not pick Marvin because his team was better last year.  

But how exactly are we supposed to judge how good a coach is without looking at his track record and what he has done in the past with different levels of talent?

"Man, I am such a better driver than you.  I just left you in my dust."
"But you were driving Porsche 911 GT and I was in a Kia Sportage."
"Why you talking about all that meaningless stuff.  Just look at how much faster I was than you."

"Man, the Reds are so much better than the Cubs.  Did you see how bad they beat them last night."
"The Reds are 20 games behind the Cubs in the standings."
"Why you talking about all that meaningless stuff.  Just look how the Reds beat the cubs last night."

How is the Bengals record/performance from the years prior to 2003 part of Marvin's track record?  What does 1995 have to do with Marvin Lewis?

If any of you want to make the point, or answer the question with, that Marvin has the better track record then be my guest.  But no one has really done just that.  Probably because it could be easily debated.  And if anyone feels like Marvin has more experience then that's definitely a point you can make.

But when you start bringing up what happened here before he came then it's seems like a desperate attempt to just award him some bonus points for something that is completely irrelevant to the discussion.

I think most people would agree that most coaches walk into bad situations.  And I think even more would agree that that would be fair to say about both Marvin and Zimmer.  And I would hope all of us would realize that debating who walked into a worse situation is entirely different than debating who is the better coach in 2016.

Sorry, it just seems some are either too desperate to change the subject or too defensive to answer honestly.  And fwiw, there's nothing wrong with Marvin being your answer. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who Ya Got: Marvin Lewis or Mike Zimmer? - Wes Mantooth - 08-15-2016, 12:42 AM