Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
What Percentage of BLM Protestors Know What They're Protesting?
(07-26-2016, 10:37 AM)PhilHos Wrote: On a related note, have public protests caused any real change in recent history (say the last 15-20 years)? I don't mean changes that would've occurred regardless of protesting. I mean, change that occurred BECAUSE of the protesting. I'm sure it's had to have happened, I just honestly can't think of anything - at least, anything nationally.

I ask mainly with the question of does protesting (of any kind) do any good? I know it does to SOME degree and I certainly don't begrudge anyone their right to do so peacefully, I just wonder if, in the long run, the people's efforts might be put to a better use in bringing about the change they are looking for.

After Timothy Thomas was shot and killed by police in 2001 in Cincinnati that sparked 3 days and nights of rioting, there were many changes made and businesses have been building up the OTR area bringing in jobs and much needed money to the area.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Percentage of BLM Protestors Know What They're Protesting? - Nebuchadnezzar - 08-15-2016, 01:35 AM