Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Birth control, abortion and unwanted pregnancies.
(08-15-2016, 11:33 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: This is kind of related, but not really. Just some interesting commentary on our attitudes towards this sort of thing. Condoms are one of the most commonly stolen items from stores like Walmart. This happens because people are too embarrassed to take them through a check out line. We stigmatize this stuff so much in society that this is how it goes. This can deter teenagers from getting condoms as easily, even though there really are no restrictions on purchasing them (though some think there is for some reason).

The funny side of this is that because they are so frequently stolen, they will sometimes have the magnetic tag in the box and so the guy who was too embarrassed to go through the line with them will now have everyone at the front end looking his way because he set off the alarms. Also, something to keep in mind if you do buy condoms at a department store, make sure they swipe the box over their demagnetizer. There may not be a tag in that box, but better safe than sorry.
A lot of my friends in high school were like that.
I never understood it.
I actually enjoyed the thought of going in to buy a box and would even get boxes for friends.
I'd go in, pick up the box and pick the prettiest girl cashier to check out through.
The usual conversation involved:
Girl -"Oh my...big night planned ?"....
Me- "No, but being a passionate romantic, I feel it best to be prepared"
Me - "Wouldn't you agree that romance should never be interrupted by ill-preparedness ?"
Girl - *blush* (possible sploosh)

*hang out with friends at end of store parking lot*
*girl ends shift, drives by*
*I smile and wave*
*Girl doubles back*
*Adventure Time !*

*Lather, rinse, repeat*

Ahhhh...The thrill of a teenage game plan.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

Messages In This Thread
RE: Birth control, abortion and unwanted pregnancies. - Rotobeast - 08-15-2016, 12:55 PM