Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin Lewis: Tyler Boyd 'exceeded my expectations'
(08-15-2016, 02:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You are correct.

Went from a place of weakness to a strength in one Preseason game IMHO.

Core really surprised me with his route running ability which was his problem in college, was our best Receiver
Friday night. That does not take away from what Boyd did either who showed tons and Erickson and Simonise
has such a wide catching radius.

Alford also shown some on Returns.

Sucks cause one of these guys or two will not make the team cause of Tate even though Tate is just solid.

Sometimes you need to gamble a bit on a young guy. I would gamble on Erickson being our Returner myself.

He has great hands, makes good decisions, doesn't put the ball on the ground and is quicker than Tate.

Looks deep all of a sudden for heck sake. Cool

I'm so torn because deep down inside I feel like cutting Tate would be a bad decision. The problem is, like you said, keeping him takes away a spot from one of the other guys. Tate has been solid, but I think it's safe to say he is going to continue be a perpetually average player. That's not all bad to have on your team unless you are possibly cutting someone with higher upside. And who knows, maybe none of the young fringe WR's have a higher ceiling. But what if they do? They'll never last on the practice squad, will they? So now assuming that, we've lost them to who knows what team? It's a rough scenario all the way around and I'm not sure what the right or wrong answer is, or if there even is one.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Marvin Lewis: Tyler Boyd 'exceeded my expectations' - The Real Deal - 08-15-2016, 03:00 PM