Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
What Percentage of BLM Protestors Know What They're Protesting?
(08-15-2016, 09:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No they did not.  They opened plants over seas and in Mexico because of the lower wages.

You don't understand economics.

fred I'd love to hear your version of the history of the unions. Did you know that in the very early coal days, the workers were actually paid fairly well? This is the part your liberal professors want to leave out of history. But you see most of the workers were German and Italian, who were all very skilled workers. Heck they barely even needed to be miners because they were such capable workers. But yes the coal companies, they did get greedy. They didnt want to pay these skilled workers who really knew what they were doing such high wages. So what did they do? They reached into communist eastern europe, and imported tons and tons of workers, totally unskilled but starving to get out of the oppression they were in. Well thats when all the bad stories of the mining towns and horrible working conditions and such started. Well eventually the mines grew and so did their problems, when those workers got together and decided to make a workers union and fight for their rights as workers --funny thing under a lot of communist ideals, which we still see today. We all know what happened after that, but my point is, these people were in backwoods appalachia, cut off from most of society in a time when the industrial revolution was moving fast. Times have changed, and despite the downfalls of the industrial revolution and the boom of large industrial corporations, we've all benefited from the wealth that was created because of capitalism ten fold. We would be screwed without it actually. 

I am a business owner. When I opened my first company I was a liberal democrat. I own a few businesses now actually, and it has just kind of grown that way. But anyway, one of my hobbies eventually turned into a demand from others and it was something that to be legal, I had to go get a contractors license. So, ok, I made some calls, figured out what I had to do and set out to do it. So the first thing was to buy like $1000 worth of books that I had to have just to even be able to take the test, because you see its an open book test because there is so much useless crap in it, there is no way any human could pass it without the books lol. So anyway, I started seeing that this whole thing was just a total joke --extortion at its finest. When I started studying and practicing for the test, and realized that there really werent but a few questions that related to the work I actually did on that stupid thing lol. The rest of them were questions that not many people would even have to know! But anyways, I did the whole thing and was later down at one of the city building applying for another construction related license to be able to work in city limits and conversation came up about the test I had just paid $1050 to study and take, and it turns out, that whole thing is just a collusion between the unions and government to help keep companies from opening business and competing with the unions for work. I'm like, wow, seriously? I am not sure but that may have been the moment I started looking into things for mysel and stopped listening to the narrative. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Percentage of BLM Protestors Know What They're Protesting? - djam - 08-15-2016, 10:21 PM