Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Birth control, abortion and unwanted pregnancies.
(08-16-2016, 11:32 AM)bfine32 Wrote: So you really had nothing constructive to add to the conversation? We get a lot of that around here.

In the OP the article references a child's clinic where IUDs and implants are provided. After reading that and the measures, I shared my view that I thought the program(s) is a good idea; however, the only sticking point would be parental consent to such devices. When some said they would have no issue with their child being prescribed such things, I followed up with what this could mean (a school medical official facilitating access to these devices).

Yet instead of addressing the forest of parental consent for these programs we found a tree that caught our eye.

[Image: 54969271.jpg]

(08-16-2016, 11:32 AM)bfine32 Wrote: So allow me to rephrase in a "non-ridiculous" manner (I'm sure you and others will let me know if it ridiculous):

Would folks be OK with whomever is authorized to prescribe pills, IUDs, implants, ect... prescribing these to their minor daughter without consent?

I'll repeat:  If you did not know your teen was having sex why would you be upset with them getting proper birth control and education about it?

So the answer is yes, I would be OK with it because in your scenario I don't know what my child is doing anyway.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Birth control, abortion and unwanted pregnancies. - GMDino - 08-16-2016, 11:55 AM