Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Birth control, abortion and unwanted pregnancies.
(08-16-2016, 04:05 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: The article did point out some flaws in the study. But, I got the impression the person reviewing the study wasn't being objective in their critique. It's getting late so I don't want to get into all of it maybe tomorrow. 

But I will point out this one thing. . . 

The study claims LARCs are effective at reducing unwanted pregnancies while the critique doubts that claim because of unanswered questions like "it's possible that since LARCs are effective for a number of years, birth rates could increase again in a few years when the devices expire."

Okay, that's not even a question. It is a statement. A statement which claims while the LARCs may actually do what they claim, how will we know they are effective if the unwanted pregnancy rates climb after they stop being effective?

It's not talking about the LARC's being effective in the future, it's talking about if the PROGRAM that provides them will still be effective in the future after the initial LARC's expire.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Birth control, abortion and unwanted pregnancies. - PhilHos - 08-16-2016, 12:09 PM