Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
What Percentage of BLM Protestors Know What They're Protesting?
(08-16-2016, 01:27 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: A. We're all "mixed".
B. We all need a culture change.
C. We'll never get there focusing on the verbiage utilized in discussion. (Although I do believe in being as polite as possible)

Let's say a person IS a racist....
Do you really think you're going to change their mind by telling them how terrible they are ?
I would hope not.
An angry mind is a closed mind.
Furthermore, unless you allow that person  totally free speech, you'll never truly find where their misconceptions are.

We need to be real with each other and not give into the fear or hate that has been ingrained.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

I don't recall telling anyone in this thread they were terrible. Simply acknowledged the elephant sitting in the room. I don't fool myself into believing I'll change the elephant's mind. I'm just exercising my free speech to say, "Hello."  We didn't have a civil rights movement because people ignored the problem.

Some of the people involved in the BLM movement could learn a lot of lessons from the nonviolent civil disobedience of the civil rights movement. From the six months that I was on Facebook, most of the stuff I saw from family and friends where I grew up about BLM was thinly veiled racism or just plain ol' fashioned racism. My wife read my feed and was like WTF. I explained that's what it is like where I was raised. It's one of the main reasons I got out of there. So in my personal experience with friends and family when someone is upset because it's called Black Lives Matter and not All Lives Matter it is because there is something going on there they won't admit to unless they are around friends or family. I'm not claiming that is true for everyone. Just among a great many of the people I grew up with. 

When someone gets on here and claims all black people in all black communities all want free stuff and it is bred into them; then I know exactly who and what I'm dealing with based upon growing up with them. Being raised by one. I'm not going to look the other way and pretend I'm not seeing what I'm seeing and hope it goes away. Not gonna do it. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Percentage of BLM Protestors Know What They're Protesting? - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 08-16-2016, 02:33 PM