Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grade My Mock Draft
I keep doing these mock drafts just to get a feel for where players are going and trying to develop a strategy.

My league with all my good friends (the league that matters) positions are QB, RB, RB, WR/TE, WR/TE, WR/TE, K, D, so I drafted it like I was drafting for that league.

It's also PPR (.5).

I picked the tenth slot.

1. Zeke Elliot: It was incredible that he fell this far, and I think people are just scared because he's a rookie and a little banged up, but Dallas has the best offensive line in football, so I think he'll put up big numbers (top three RB). Getting him at ten was a highway robbery.

2. Gronk- He'll be Garropolo's best friend while Brady's out as a security blanket and then we know he's Brady's favorite target, which Brady will light the league on fire when he comes back because he'll be pissed off.

3. Brandin Cooks- WR, Saints- Brees is still a stud and Cooks was his favorite target last year with eleven hundred yards and nine TDs. I do think Michael Thomas out of OSU could steal some value, but but Brees had the most passing yards in the league last season, so there's plenty of love to go around.

4. Jarvis Landry- WR, Dolphins- bit of a reach, but I think his quality was too much to pass on in PPR because dude was tied for third in the league last year with 11 receptions for 1,159 yards. Tannehill loves him. Only drafted him a half a round early, so not really much of a reach.

5. Michael Floyd- With all the weapons in Arizona, I think Palmer lights the world on fire and Floyd is a big beneficiary. Big steal here, imco.

6. Jeremy Hill- I think he's poised to have redemption year where he puts up at least 80 to 100 yards, plus he gets all of our goal line work, so 10 to 15 TDs. Plus, if our team keeps going down to injuries, we'll need to run the ball more.

7. Palmer- he's an absolute STEAL this late and VERY underrated, plus I'll get double points with Floyd. I think this pick could really do go a long ways towards me winning the league.

8. Allen Hurns- WR, Jax- with Robinson getting a lot of the attention, I think Hurns benefits and puts up solid numbers.

9. Marvin Jones- I think he'll struggle in Detroit without a big name across from him, but low risk and medium reward this late. He could be good or at least average.

10. TJ Yeldon- RB, Jax- I know I have Hurns and they could steal value from each other, but a starting back in his second year this late in the draft was too good to pass on.

11. Treadwell- WR, Vikings- rookie receiver late with a lot of upside ThumbsUp

12. Tavon Austin- WR, Rams- late pick just to fill out the roster, but he might be able to put up a decent week if I need him during bye weeks.

13. Bengals D- Atkins looks better than ever and I think our corners cold just have field days with interceptions. Let's hope injuries stay away and the offense gets healthy so they're not on the field all game.

14. Bailey- K, Cowboys- Was between him and Vinatieri, and I went with him because Vin's old and I think the Cowboys score more. Kickers aren't people anyways.

15. Bennet- TE, Patriots- I know I have Gronk, but the first preseason game made me believe that they'll both be involved in the offense a lot, not to mention that the Pats love two TE sets. Plus, they're re done targets, and the Pats will put up points. I liked the way they even lined him up out wide in the first preseason game because it's a great mismatch.

16. McKinnon- RB, Vikings- Peterson's the man, but he's old, so McKinnon is good just in case, and he should he some work anyways.

Opinons? Thoughts? Ideas? Improvements?

Like I said, I'm happy with it, but any recommendations on improvements can only help ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Grade My Mock Draft - BFritz21 - 08-16-2016, 04:28 PM
RE: Grade My Mock Draft - BFritz21 - 08-17-2016, 12:36 PM
RE: Grade My Mock Draft - Wes Mantooth - 08-17-2016, 01:40 PM
RE: Grade My Mock Draft - BFritz21 - 08-17-2016, 05:35 PM
RE: Grade My Mock Draft - BmorePat87 - 08-17-2016, 08:52 PM
RE: Grade My Mock Draft - BFritz21 - 08-17-2016, 09:38 PM
RE: Grade My Mock Draft - BmorePat87 - 08-17-2016, 09:54 PM
RE: Grade My Mock Draft - BFritz21 - 08-17-2016, 11:22 PM
RE: Grade My Mock Draft - bfine32 - 08-17-2016, 10:59 PM