Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grade My Mock Draft
(08-16-2016, 04:28 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: 1.  Zeke Elliot:  It was incredible that he fell this far, and I think people are just scared because he's a rookie and a little banged up, but Dallas has the best offensive line in football, so I think he'll put up big numbers (top three RB).  Getting him at ten was a highway robbery.

I'm probably in the minority here (as evidenced my his draft rankings) but I'm not that high on Elliot.  Like, not at all as a top 20 option.  Here's why:

He has no history.  Like all rookies we have nothing to go off of.  And this is most concerning with RB's.  Why?  Because we don't know what the workload will look like.  He's a joining a backfield that already has Darren McFadden, who played well last year, and who just signed Alfred Morris.  Those guys aren't exactly chopped liver.Not to mention Dallas has been pass happy since forever.  Romo and Dez are healthy.  Other than Demarco's Murray's big year they've had a lot of Barber/Choice/Felix Jones committees.

To each their own but until I know he's capable, is going to see the bulk of the workload, and will be a force in both rushing and receiving, I'm cautious about him early on.

2.  Gronk- He'll be Garropolo's best friend while Brady's out as a security blanket and then we know he's Brady's favorite target, which Brady will light the league on fire when he comes back because he'll be pissed off.

Dig it.  Huge built in weekly point advantage here.  Lotta value there.

3.  Brandin Cooks- WR, Saints- Brees is still a stud and Cooks was his favorite target last year with eleven hundred yards and nine TDs.  I do think Michael Thomas out of OSU could steal some value, but but Brees had the most passing yards in the league last season, so there's plenty of love to go around.

Like it, don't love it.  He coud be really good though.

4.  Jarvis Landry- WR, Dolphins- bit of a reach, but I think his quality was too much to pass on in PPR because dude was tied for third in the league last year with 11 receptions for 1,159 yards.  Tannehill loves him.  Only drafted him a half a round early, so not really much of a reach.

In a PPR league this is a nice pick.

5.  Michael Floyd- With all the weapons in Arizona, I think Palmer lights the world on fire and Floyd is a big beneficiary.  Big steal here, imco.

I'm scared of all the names on that offense.  With Fitz posting big numbers last season in his new role, and with John Brown healthy I just don't know how consistent he's going to be.  There's probably a few weeks where he gets you nothing.

6.  Jeremy Hill- I think he's poised to have redemption year where he puts up at least 80 to 100 yards, plus he gets all of our goal line work, so 10 to 15 TDs.  Plus, if our team keeps going down to injuries, we'll need to run the ball more.

Great value.  Goes to show how much can change in a year, even when a player probably has the same value.  He's looking at the same workload and pairing as last season.  On offense that should score.  Round 6 is a bargain.

7.  Palmer- he's an absolute STEAL this late and VERY underrated, plus I'll get double points with Floyd.  I think this pick could really do go a long ways towards me winning the league.

Big fan of drafting a QB later this year.  The Rapist, Dalton, Romo, Ryan, Palmer, all going later.  All capable of outscoring the higher guys.

8.  Allen Hurns- WR, Jax- with Robinson getting a lot of the attention, I think Hurns benefits and puts up solid numbers.

Like it.

9.   Marvin Jones- I think he'll struggle in Detroit without a big name across from him, but low risk and medium reward this late.  He could be good or at least average.

Meh.

10.  TJ Yeldon- RB, Jax- I know I have Hurns and they could steal value from each other, but a starting back in his second year this late in the draft was too good to pass on.

Good value.

Just my 2 cents, obviously all of this is up for debate...
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Grade My Mock Draft - BFritz21 - 08-16-2016, 04:28 PM
RE: Grade My Mock Draft - BFritz21 - 08-17-2016, 12:36 PM
RE: Grade My Mock Draft - Wes Mantooth - 08-17-2016, 01:40 PM
RE: Grade My Mock Draft - BFritz21 - 08-17-2016, 05:35 PM
RE: Grade My Mock Draft - BmorePat87 - 08-17-2016, 08:52 PM
RE: Grade My Mock Draft - BFritz21 - 08-17-2016, 09:38 PM
RE: Grade My Mock Draft - BmorePat87 - 08-17-2016, 09:54 PM
RE: Grade My Mock Draft - BFritz21 - 08-17-2016, 11:22 PM
RE: Grade My Mock Draft - bfine32 - 08-17-2016, 10:59 PM