Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alaskan boy participates in the girls state championship
(08-17-2016, 11:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am not a hypocrite.  I just have a nuanced opinion that looks at the issue logically instead of just "black and white".

I am in favor of people having a much freedom as possible.  I believe that the only time a persons freedom should be limited is when it imposes on another persons freedom.  A transgender woman using the women's restroom does not take any freedoms away from anyone else, but a transgender woman using a women's locker room does.

Making strict "black and white" rules makes no sense.  Instead each issue should be considered and weighed on its own merits.  That is not being hypocritical.  It is actually being more consistent.

For example.  there are lots of jobs that handicapped people can not do.  But I don't think that means no company should ever hire a handicapped person.  Instead they should look at each situation individually.  Sometimes it is okay to hire a handicapped person and some times it is not.  There should be no blanket rule against hiring handicapped people.

Hiring handicapped people is a completely different scenario and has nothing to do with this issue, but color me surprised that you try to compare the two  Rolleyes

Your stance is that a person's individuals rights are what's important and that a person should be able to use the bathroom of their choice because they identify as female, therefore they are female, which you even acknowledge time after time again by referring to boys who are transgender as "girls," but you can't have it both ways.

You can't say "oh, he's a boy now but a girl every other time."

So, yes, you are a hypocrite, and that's where everyone who argues this type of thing comes up short in debates.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Alaskan boy participates in the girls state championship - BFritz21 - 08-17-2016, 11:44 PM