Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alaskan boy participates in the girls state championship
(08-17-2016, 11:44 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Hiring handicapped people is a completely different scenario and has nothing to do with this issue, but color me surprised that you try to compare the two  Rolleyes

Your stance is that a person's individuals rights are what's important and that a person should be able to use the bathroom of their choice because they identify as female, therefore they are female, which you even acknowledge time after time again by referring to boys who are transgender as "girls," but you can't have it both ways.

You can't say "oh, he's a boy now but a girl every other time."

So, yes, you are a hypocrite, and that's where everyone who argues this type of thing comes up short in debates.

I am not a hypocrite.  I am consistent in my positions.

Hiring handicapped is not difference from any other issue.  You can't just have one set answer that fits every situation.  Would you call someone a hypocrite if they said they would not hire a handicapped person for one job, but would hire a handicapped person for another job?  Would you agrue that there has to be one set rule where you either hire handicapped people or not hire them?

I look at every individual situation and use the SAME judgement in every case i.e. we should only limit a persons freedom when it interferes with another person's freedom.  Since I am 100% consistent you can not call me a hypocrite.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Alaskan boy participates in the girls state championship - fredtoast - 08-18-2016, 12:33 AM