Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alaskan boy participates in the girls state championship
(08-18-2016, 12:33 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I am not a hypocrite.  I am consistent in my positions.

Hiring handicapped is not difference from any other issue.  You can't just have one set answer that fits every situation.  Would you call someone a hypocrite if they said they would not hire a handicapped person for one job, but would hire a handicapped person for another job?  Would you agrue that there has to be one set rule where you either hire handicapped people or not hire them?

I look at every individual situation and use the SAME judgement in every case i.e. we should only limit a persons freedom when it interferes with another person's freedom.  Since I am 100% consistent you can not call me a hypocrite.

You're a hypocrite.

Banning someone from a locker room or changing rooms because of their personal identity is hindering their freedom, according to you, because that person is the gender they identify with, yet you say it shouldn't be that way in all circumstances.

Hiring a handicapped person is a completely different issue because it has to do with physical abilities, not appearance or gender.

Hiring a handicapped person isn't even in the same ballpark, and I'm pretty sure that you just brought that up because you figured I'd have a soft spot for that type of argument.

You even said that it's about being able to do the job.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Alaskan boy participates in the girls state championship - BFritz21 - 08-18-2016, 12:48 AM