Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I haven't got the "Bug" yet
I wouldn't worry about it too much. Preseason is boring enough as it is. And especially when you're following a team like the Bengals. There's never a plethora of incoming free agents. There's no huge signing to watch closely. Not drastic changes in the staff, the schemes, the system, the philosophy, etc. There's simply not that many things that are any different. And that, in and of itself, can generate a lot of debate. But I certainly don't think it lends itself to any more excitement in the offseason.

We know what we have in Andy Dalton, AJ Green, Whitworth, Atkins, Peko, Dunlap, Johnson, Mauluga, Pacman, etc. Every one of those guys has at least 5 years in. And how many of would be considered "characters"? Maybe Pacman? The fact, is they're a boring bunch (good thing). There's no crazy drama surrounding this team. Even the players, as far as elevating the entertainment value of fake football, are kinda boring.

Wake us all up when week 1 starts. Let the teams with new HC's and top 10 picks get excited for the preseason. The rest of are just trying not to die of boredom and are hoping that no one gets hurt. This time of year can be described one of two ways: Snoozefest, or a tease. And both equally suck.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I haven't got the "Bug" yet - jonesy84 - 08-19-2016, 10:30 AM
RE: I haven't got the "Bug" yet - Wes Mantooth - 08-19-2016, 02:49 AM
RE: I haven't got the "Bug" yet - treee - 08-19-2016, 04:10 AM
RE: I haven't got the "Bug" yet - SHRacerX - 08-19-2016, 08:38 AM
RE: I haven't got the "Bug" yet - jonesy84 - 08-19-2016, 10:32 AM
RE: I haven't got the "Bug" yet - samhain - 08-19-2016, 10:03 AM