Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LaFell = Torn Ligament in Hand
(08-20-2016, 12:29 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Im totally mellow buddy, just giving you grief and trying to get something positive outta ya. You seemed to be pretty down about the injuries in other threads so I thought that may be where you were going here. 

It's sad that veterans have to be injured for rookies to get an honest shot (unless said rookie was drafted with intentions of starting, ala Bodine, Green, etc), but it seems that's how things go. I'm a slightly bigger LaFell fan than some, but if Boyd continues to play the way he has, he deserves a look as starter. Either way, hopefully LaFell doesn't miss too much time.

I wouldn't say I'm down about the injuries, but I do tend to roll my eyes at the "blessings in disguise" nature of all the optimism flooding this board.  What can I say...I'm a bit of a centrist.  When people get too down I point out positives and when people get too high I try to ground things.

It just intrigues me that we were so high on this team last season and the team did so well BUT we find blessings in:

Hue leaving
Jones and Sanu leaving
getting Lafell at a bargain instead of overpaying for Jones or Sanu
Lafell getting injured so Core can shine
not getting the chance to draft the WR we originally wanted
getting Eifert healthy
no wait, Eifert NOT being healthy is a blessing because we can see what we have in Kroft
wait, Kroft is hurt but that's ok because now we can see what we have in Uzomah

and so on.  

I mean, I get the optimistic nature of the preason and a team with depth and no one is on the IR for life or anything.  Still, I just get flashes of the whole "The offense will be better without AJ because Dalton won't have one guy to lock onto" and so on and so forth.  I'm not telling people not to be optimistic, I just find analyzing the actual actions and mindsets of the optimists to be intriguing.

Again, as long as Dalton and AJ are alive it doesn't seem to matter who else is in one piece.  The guys getting hurt (other that Eifert) are all pretty secondary and/or not hurt long-term, it seems.  The only injury we couldn't spin positive was Dalton breaking his thumb (though some people really tried to convince us that we were about to see a Bledsoe-to-Brady transition take place).  But again...long-term and regular season so it's a different ball o' wax.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: LaFell = Torn Ligament in Hand - Au165 - 08-16-2016, 03:39 PM
RE: LaFell = Torn Ligament in Hand - J24 - 08-16-2016, 03:47 PM
RE: LaFell = Torn Ligament in Hand - treee - 08-16-2016, 04:34 PM
RE: LaFell = Torn Ligament in Hand - jj22 - 08-16-2016, 05:32 PM
RE: LaFell = Torn Ligament in Hand - Nately120 - 08-20-2016, 03:19 AM