Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Four more facing suspension..possibly!
(08-19-2016, 05:07 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: But wouldn't it be a violation of the CBA, and specifically the PED policy, to require an interview without evidence much less a failed or missed test?

This is a big no-no for unions.  They don't tolerate this sort of harassment/intimidation.

So then late in the year, TMZ could run some BS story on a star...and then the NFL could threaten that player with suspension until they sit for an interview to explain why the story is BS?

I don't know what evidence the league has.  They claim that there are some "inconsistencies" in some of the players statements.

And the claim that the Al Jazeera story was "retracted" is also not completely correct.

http://nesn.com/2015/12/al-jazeera-reporter-bashes-peyton-manning-source-who-retracted-comments/

Personally i think every small shred of evidence justifies an investigation.  I agree that players should not be suspended without good evidence, but I think they have to comply with almost any investigation to determine if there is any good evidence.

I also agree with the players who want these interviews recorded.  there have been disagreements before about what was said in these interviews.  Recording them would protect both sides.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Four more facing suspension..possibly! - fredtoast - 08-20-2016, 12:22 PM