Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Injury Riddled Training Camp and Preseason
(08-19-2016, 08:33 PM)Beaker Wrote: Don't whine about injuries. It's part of the game.

and part of the game is losing because you have too many injuries.  I know fans think you should just win no matter what, probably something an old pee wee coach told them.  The truth is, teams that stay healthy have a better run at the play-offs and Super Bowl and even good teams that get way too many key injuries just can't compete.  How huge was losing Dalton last season. How huge was losing just about all of our Wide Receivers and Tight Ends the year before....After the 1995 play-off season, we had a season where we lost all our top linebackers and we were doomed.  The next season we lost all our our offensive line to injuries and we were doomed....There is a point where you can have TOO MANY injuries. Once you pass that point, chances of winning are slim. ......The Bengals announcers including Anthony Munoz said on the air they wished preseason was over because the Bengals just can not afford any more preseason injuries.  Is Munoz whining or is he just telling it like it is ???........I'm going to go with Munoz and say keep your fingers crossed that there are no more preseason injuries to starting players. We don't want to limp into New York counting on too many bench warmers......Now I will say the 2012 Bengals were amazing. All those offensive linemen they lost. many before regular season. Center was a disaster area. The team started 3-5. I think it was Coach Lewis best coaching job that he held it together, made adjustments to all those O Line injuries, and the team finished 7-1 to make the play-offs with a year long banged up, make shift O Line of many replacement players. Even the kicker was a replacement player. That normally does not happen, but just a great job of coaching and player moves that year. ...Most injury riddled years have not went as well...We had no chance at Indy in play-offs, but the game had to be played. ...I think it's safe to say we missed Dalton down the stretch last year.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Injury Riddled Training Camp and Preseason - kevin - 08-20-2016, 03:02 PM