Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For all who wish we kept Brown over Nugent...
(08-20-2016, 03:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And if we had signed him last year like you suggested we would have had the worst kicker in the entire league.

Pure speculation. Forbath never kicked for us and with a full season, who knows how things would've went? Forbath has been a very accurate kicker in the past so maybe he just needs some stability. He'd certainly get that in Cincy. He only had 15 attempts last season. Hardly a big sample size. I wonder what Nuge's season % would've been had we cut him after the Panthers game in '14.

(08-20-2016, 03:56 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes he was.  But you can not blame the Bengals for not bringing in a guy who had never done any thing any where to try and

beat out Nugent.c

If you want to criticize the Bengals for this then you also have to criticize every other team in the league.

You are just trying to make yourself look smart by using the amazing gift of "20/20 hindsight".  That is lame.

I am not criticizing the Bengals for not seeing that Boswell was/is a great kicker. I'm criticizing them for not even attempting to give Nugent any serious competition over the last 7 years. Again...do you disagree with me there? 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: For all who wish we kept Brown over Nugent... - Shake n Blake - 08-20-2016, 04:10 PM