Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Twitter suspends 235,000 accounts for extremism
(08-20-2016, 02:42 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: 1st Lt. Milo Minderbinder: Look, I saw this great opportunity to corner the market in Egyptian cotton. How was I supposed to know there was going to be a glut? I've got a hundred warehouses stacked with the stuff all over the European theater. I can't get rid of a penny's worth. People eat cotton candy, don't they? Well this stuff is better - it's made out of real cotton.

Yossarian: Milo, people can't eat cotton!

I don't know why but I read "Milo" and can't help but think about Catch 22, lol.

Yeah, I wonder how Social Media sites and message boards will define "Extremism" as well. Will it be "Mob Rule" or will they have a set of guidelines? 

By "Mob Rule" I mean will they suspend or ban someone who get a lot or reports simply because those reporting do not agree with what is said.

For instance, I am considered extreme because I believe the LGBT lifestyle to be a choice and a sin. 

Disclaimer: It's only an example of what is considered "Extreme" to many, it's not posted to start an argument or whatever.

Though I disagree with your belief, I agree that the "mob rule" mentality can be dangerous and that the drowning out or removal of opinions that dissent from the majority is something that is a very real issue.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Twitter suspends 235,000 accounts for extremism - treee - 08-20-2016, 06:01 PM