Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For all who wish we kept Brown over Nugent...
(08-20-2016, 08:10 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: It's funny. Looking back on that game, I blame the entire offense. I have never seen an offense fail so bad. Looks like we took Graham as the scapegoat. Missing a 28 yarder in the playoffs will do that though.

If I recall that game, we knew our gameplan all year had been to run Benson's hot streak and play defense with the occasional 2-minute drill to win the close ones.  Making it within easy FG range against that Jets defense was no easy task and for two of those drives to result in 0 points put an undue amount of stress on a half-rate passing game (minus Henry, even) to get the ball in the endzone and get it in there in a hurry.

Yes, our offense (passing game) really blew it but those easy FG misses just took Benson right out of the game and forced a ho-hum Palmer to force it to a depleted WR group.  Meh, that's a recipe for a loss.  We didn't play the type of football that put us where we were going into the game.  Lucky for the Jets I recall their next game saw Nate Kaeding and the Chargers go 0-3 on FGs, too.  Two playoff games for the Jets and the opponents go 0-5 on FGs and the Jets win both games by a combined 13 points.  Punks!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: For all who wish we kept Brown over Nugent... - Nately120 - 08-20-2016, 10:00 PM