Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's Pretend We Are Coaches
(08-22-2016, 01:20 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I'm hoping LaFell works out and will be rooting for that to happen.

However, in the event that he doesn't pan out, based upon the injury, and the semi-negative practice report, at West Carrollton HS, I read on Bengals website, and assuming Boyd continues on his path and steps into the #2 slot, behind Green, who do you see filling in Boyd's spot in the slot?

Burkhead, Wright, Tate, Core, Kumerow, Alford, someone else?  Why?

So far, you can wright AJ Green, Boyd and Tate down in ink.....and the others in pencil with half of preseason to go......and Burkhead makes this team as a RB or not at all.  He may catch passes, but he is first a RB.  I would guess he makes the team, but he does not take up a WR spot. He isn't that good at WR.

Lets also talk coaches because Zampese becomes offensive coordinator. He has been with the Bengals since 2003. In that time he has worked under Bratkowski, Gruden and Jackson. With St Louis he was with The Greatest Show On Turf under Mike Martz. With the Packers he was under Sherman Lewis. With the Eagles he was under Dana Bible. He has coached Brett Favre, Kurt Warner, Jon Kitna, Carson Palmer and Andy Dalton. His father Ernie Zampese coached 36 years in the NFL under Tommy Prothro, Don Coryell and was given credit for Air Coryell, John Robinson, Barry Switzer, Pete Carroll, and QBs such as Dan Fouts, Jim Everett, Troy Aikman, Drew Bledsoe.......So this tells us he has been with Dalton and AJ McCarron all along, so no changes there. ..He has been with Brat, Gruden and Hue and knows every offense under Marvin Lewis, but probably will bring his own style. I'm guessing since he coached the wide open Rams offense with Kurt Warner, and his dad coached Air Coryell, that the Zampeze family style is Throw The Ball and have a RB like James Brooks at Chargers or Marshall Faulk at Rams. Someone that can run but is also a very good pass threat. The more pass options, the better. Who gets more time, Gio or Hill, may come down to who catches passes better. .....I don't look for the Hue split O Lines.....I don't look for much double TE as Gruden....I do look for more 1 back and 4 other receivers, one of which could be a TE. .....This guy and his dad loved having 5 receivers possible on every play to wear the defenses out. ....Look for Zampeze to have Bengals go Air Coryell and Greatest Show On Turf because It's A Family Tradition......He knows what works best for Dalton. ...We won't really see the new Zampese offense until regular season as they run the vanilla offenses and defenses, saving the good stuff. The Zampese Family offensive playbook goes as far in the NFL to Tommy Pothro up to Marvin Lewis, from Dan Fouts to Andy Dalton. They seem to get the very most out of their quarterbacks and team. Brat, Gruden and Jackson have come and gone, but Zampese has been with Bengals coaching up Carson Palmer and Andy Dalton from day one for both. I also like what he did with arena player Kurt Warner at St Louis Rams. Again, the Zampese style is to give QB Dalton more receivers than the D can cover, and hit the open man. The RB HAS to be able to run pass routes out of the backfield. It may look like basketball more than football at times, but the Zampese offenses have scored a ton of points. Hey, Paul Brown at Cleveland was said to be more basketball than football. AIR ZAMPESE
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Let's Pretend We Are Coaches - bengalguy71 - 08-22-2016, 01:20 PM
RE: Let's Pretend We Are Coaches - 3wt - 08-22-2016, 02:57 PM
RE: Let's Pretend We Are Coaches - treee - 08-22-2016, 10:36 PM
RE: Let's Pretend We Are Coaches - treee - 08-22-2016, 11:02 PM
RE: Let's Pretend We Are Coaches - kevin - 08-23-2016, 12:52 AM
RE: Let's Pretend We Are Coaches - jason - 08-23-2016, 12:31 PM
RE: Let's Pretend We Are Coaches - PhilHos - 08-23-2016, 12:22 PM
RE: Let's Pretend We Are Coaches - jason - 08-23-2016, 12:27 PM