Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obama's Response to Louisana Flooding compared with Bush and Katrina
(08-20-2016, 07:05 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What good is a statement?  What do you want him to say that will make the situation any better.

He took action instead of going for A photo opportunity.  I'll bet the people in Baton Rouge would rather have the funds he authorized than some kind words that don't help at all.

Did you really ask "what good is a statement"? So reassurance from the President of the United States that the resources of the federal government will be used to help those in Louisiana who have suffered hardships from the flooding is nothing?

And, yeah, Obama took action ... once the criticism started coming his way.

(08-21-2016, 02:56 PM)GMDino Wrote: Because as President people "want" to see him there.  I think its silly personally as I already said.

But at least he had the decency to respect the governor's request.

Look, as a private citizen what Trump did is great.  (If he made the donation and didn't just show up with the truck.)  Everything else about it was a photo-op.

And if Clinton had done this or Obama the same people praising Trump would be CRYING about the cold and calculated campaign move.

I don't doubt there's some truth to your last statement, but the fact remains that the same people overly critical of Bush are the same people defending Obama today.

I may be biased, but I try to at least remain consistent when it comes to criticism. I know I fail at that at times, but I, at least, try. I just wish more would (for the record, I'm not saying I'm the only one; just saying that there needs to be more consistency).
[Image: giphy.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Obama's Response to Louisana Flooding compared with Bush and Katrina - PhilHos - 08-23-2016, 12:04 PM