Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obama's Response to Louisana Flooding compared with Bush and Katrina
(08-21-2016, 02:56 PM)GMDino Wrote: Because as President people "want" to see him there.  I think its silly personally as I already said.

But at least he had the decency to respect the governor's request.

Look, as a private citizen what Trump did is great.  (If he made the donation and didn't just show up with the truck.)  Everything else about it was a photo-op.

And if Clinton had done this or Obama the same people praising Trump would be CRYING about the cold and calculated campaign move.

But it wasn't a photo op. There was no media there, only individuals that captured it on their cell phones.
The Governor has since recanted and said that Trump's visit has helped.

If Hillary had done it, it would've been a good move, but she didn't.

(08-21-2016, 02:59 PM)GMDino Wrote: Weird...I didn't say anything other than share a link about the 49 seconds Trump "helped".

But the truck apparently had other items on it too.  We just don't know if HE got the items or he just showed up with the truck full of donated items.

Except that he did more than just be there for 49 seconds. He talked to the people, learned how the help process works (from the command center) and donated some money specifically to be used as aid for the flood victims.

(08-24-2016, 09:42 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: You would think. But he's not the philanthropic type of billionaire.

That is true, but Hillary is even less of a philanthropic than Trump.

hell, Hillary sent out an email to many of her donors invoking the LA floods and that we need to help in any way we can.

At the end it says please donate $10 (but it's not for the Flood victims, it's for her campaign..)

I also find it amusing that people are complaining about Trumps donations to help Veterans, but no one is complaining about the fact that Hillary Donated 1 million of a total of $1,000,042,000 of her money listed on her 2015 Tax Return to the Clinton Foundation...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Obama's Response to Louisana Flooding compared with Bush and Katrina - Mike M (the other one) - 08-24-2016, 02:40 PM