Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patriots cutting C- Bryan Stork
(08-24-2016, 02:12 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Specifically mentioned them cutting people, rather than just losing them in FA.

I guess technically they cut Wilfork since they turned down his option, but wasn't he absolutely awful last year? He had 6 solo tackles in 16 starts (22 total tackles), and zero other stats.

Points of Ty Law, didn't think of him.

Lawyer Milloy I will point out he went to 4 straight Pro Bowls with the Patriots, including one 1st Team All-Pro and one 2nd Team All-Pro.. but once they released him, he didn't have a single other one in the final 8 years of his career, even if he was good. I'll give you points on that one, though.

- - - - - - - - - - -
But yeah, more specifically was looking for people who got cut.

If the list is Milloy 14 years ago, Ty Law 12 years ago. If Brandon Tate (bleh), is the best they've cut in the last decade, then that's a pretty big drought of cut talent.

Actually not sure how that fairs against other teams, actually. Would probably be an interesting workup.

Even though those players don't meet the very specific  criteria you asked for (being cut for non-monetary or non-age related reasons), the Pats did make a conscious decision to let them go, and they all performed at a similar level to how they played for the Pats.

Stork's circumstances are pretty rare, so you're not going to find many identical examples. The list of recent players who were good at some point, then cut (not traded or let go after a contract was up) by the Pats for reasons unrelated to age or money - probably begins and ends with Stork. 

I'm guessing he's had one or more serious altercations with other players or he has a serious injury issue. If it's the former, I'd say he's at least worth a look.

(08-24-2016, 02:25 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Bodines first season coincided with hue jacksons first year as OC. To me when everyone is learning something new together it can have a galvanizing effect and almost be easier at times. Offensive lines are to move as one unit, they are like a machine. So reps in camp and being in the players position rooms for meetings is huge for learning quickly.  Bodine getting the playbook and scheme in April or May is far different than a player receiving those things in late August when camp is soon to break. Everyone shouting for this would be the first ones crying when there were fumbled C/QB exchanges and missed protections due to inexperience in the scheme and too few reps with the team.

Not really buying that, but ok. What of Jeff Faine, then?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Patriots cutting C- Bryan Stork - pally - 08-24-2016, 10:36 AM
RE: Patriots cutting C- Bryan Stork - jj22 - 08-24-2016, 10:56 AM
RE: Patriots cutting C- Bryan Stork - Shake n Blake - 08-24-2016, 03:17 PM