Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patriots cutting C- Bryan Stork
(08-24-2016, 03:17 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Even though those players don't meet the very specific  criteria you asked for (being cut for non-monetary or non-age related reasons), the Pats did make a conscious decision to let them go, and they all performed at a similar level to how they played for the Pats.

Stork's circumstances are pretty rare, so you're not going to find many identical examples. The list of recent players who were good at some point, then cut (not traded or let go after a contract was up) by the Pats for reasons unrelated to age or money - probably begins and ends with Stork. 

I'm guessing he's had one or more serious altercations with other players or he has a serious injury issue. If it's the former, I'd say he's at least worth a look.

Welker went from:
118/1,354/6 (Patriots)
to
73/778/10 (Broncos)
to
49/464/2 (Broncos)
to
13/102/0 (Rams)

They got out while the getting was good there.

You might be right that there might not be a huge pool of players that meet that criteria. Maybe if I just narrowed it down to cut for any reason?

- - - - - - - -
That said, Welker would actually be a good example of someone cut. Both the Chargers cut him before he went to New England, so he could be added to their list.

(I seriously might do a post on this somewhere now.. because it's actually kind of interesting to me.)

- - - - - - - - - -

But yeah, if the Bengals don't at least check him out, then they're not doing their job well. Not sure if there's something physically or mentally wrong with him, but they need to at least check because it'd be a cheap/simple way to improve a weakness on the team if he works out.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Patriots cutting C- Bryan Stork - pally - 08-24-2016, 10:36 AM
RE: Patriots cutting C- Bryan Stork - jj22 - 08-24-2016, 10:56 AM
RE: Patriots cutting C- Bryan Stork - TheLeonardLeap - 08-24-2016, 03:34 PM