Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patriots cutting C- Bryan Stork
(08-24-2016, 03:55 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Despite the numbers drop, anyone who watched the Broncos in Welker's first year knows that he was a key player for them. Fwiw, he missed 3 games that year and his numbers would've averaged out to 90-958-12 over a full season.

That said, even though Welker was successful that first year, I don't think it was a bad decision to let him walk. He wanted a big deal, he was getting on in years, and he had the concussion issue. 

Honestly I'm also interested in the Pats history with cuts/trades etc. I always hear about how the Pats never make mistakes, and while I do believe they almost always make sound decisions for the team, I don't think that means that every player they move on from is trash. Like any other team, they have other things that may factor into why they move on from a player. 

They make mistakes just like any other team. I would say their latest gaff is trading Chandler Jones for Cooper the OT. Cooper had a nasty injury history, and already left camp with a massive injury I think for the Patriots.... Chandler Jones had off field issues with synthetic marijuana however.

Bill really will ditch anyone for off field issues, especially since Hernandez.

Patriots run a tight ship and I'm always leery of guys they release. There is always a good reason lol.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Patriots cutting C- Bryan Stork - pally - 08-24-2016, 10:36 AM
RE: Patriots cutting C- Bryan Stork - jj22 - 08-24-2016, 10:56 AM
RE: Patriots cutting C- Bryan Stork - GreenCornBengal - 08-24-2016, 05:14 PM